DUE TO SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE SUSTAINED DURING HURRICANE ISAAC THE FISHING PIER IS CLOSED
Location: 54001 E. Howze Beach Road In Slidell,
on the East side of I-10, exit 261
by the shore of Lake Pontchartrain
Click here for a map.
Summer Hours: 6:00AM to 8:00PM
Pier Rules and Regulations
1. Pier Entrance fees shall be $3.00 for individuals 12 and older for fishing from the pier; visitors 12 and over who do not wish to fish from the Pier will be charged $1.00; and children under 12 can enter for free.
2. Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
3. All fisherman shall dispose of fishing line properly so as to not harm or kill wildlife.
4. Feeding of birds is prohibited.
5. Each fisherman shall be properly licensed.
6. Pets are not permitted.
7. Diving from the Pier or from any Parish structure or property is prohibited.
8. Swimming in any portion of Lake Pontchartrain in and around the Pier, Parish property or structure is prohibited and at each persons' own risk.
9. No fires, fireworks or cooking allowed on the Pier, Parish Property or structure.
10. No glass containers or alcohol allowed on the Pier, Parish Property or structure.
11. No cast nets or crab traps allowed on the Pier, Parish Property or structure.
12. No sitting or climbing on rails.
13. No smoking allowed on wooden structure.
14. All trash must be disposed of properly. Do not litter or throw anything in the water.
15. No bicycles, skateboards or other wheeled conveyances allowed except those used by handicapped persons.
16. Respect wildlife and the surrounding area and keep noise to a minimum.
17. No business solicitation allowed on the Pier, Parish property or structure.
18. Public use of the Pier will be at patrons' own risk. St. Tammany Parish provides no protection from the wildlife and or other risks of harm.
SEC. 16-160.1 ST. Tammany Parish Code of Ordinances