- Current Shelter News
- Rehome a Pet
- Current Shelter Animals
- Shelter Statistics
Animal Shelter counts for each month can be found here.
We couldn't do it without you!
Adoption hours at the Animal Services Shelter are Monday through Saturday from 10 AM to 4PM.
The Animal Shelter provides a safe and clean facility for stray animals or unwanted pets. We offer a wide array of animals for adoption throughout the year. Please come by the shelter, or call to inquire about the types of animals that are available to adopt. Adoption hours at the Animal Services Shelter are Monday through Saturday from 10 AM to 4PM.
To request assistance from the Parish Animal Services personnel please use the following:
- For NON-EMERGENCY complaints click here. (Please include specific information, including addresses and phone numbers.)
- For all EMERGENCY complaints please call 985.809.0183.
- For calls regarding Nuisance Wildlife, you must contact the Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries Wildlife Field Office (Hammond) : (985)-543-4777
Mission & Vision Statement
We envision the day when all citizens, their property and their neighborhoods will be safe from the dangers and nuisances of irresponsible pet ownership. We envision the day when animals will not suffer because of human abuse, neglect or ignorance; and that every pet born will be assured of a good home and care all its natural life. In keeping with our vision, our mission is to balance the health, safety and welfare needs of people and animals in St. Tammany Parish by:
- To partner with our community to create a place where all animals receive the care, safety and love they deserve including the animals who call outside their home.
Animal Services FAQ
- All animals are required to wear tags.
- Licenses are good for one year and should be renewed annually.
- For questions or to receive a license by mail contact 985.809.0183
- If the animal is spayed/neutered, fee is $5.00. If the animal is NOT spayed/neutered, fee is $10.00.
If no evacuation order has been made, staff labeled as emergency personnel will stay with the animals in the shelter throughout the event.
If an evacuation order has been made, or a decision from the Director of Animal Services or the Parish President has declared that animals staying in the shelter would be unsafe during the storm – animals will be transported to a shelter outside of the storm’s path.
- Sign up to become a foster
- Spay and neuter your pets