Melisa Sullivan - Director
The Animal Shelter provides a safe and clean facility for stray animals or unwanted pets. We offer a wide array of animals for adoption throughout the year. Please come by the shelter, or call to inquire about the types of animals that are available to adopt. Adoption hours at the Animal Services Shelter are Monday through Saturday from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1PM to 4PM.
To request assistance from the Parish Animal Services personnel please use the following:
- For NON-EMERGENCY complaints click here. (Please include specific information, including addresses and phone numbers.)
- For all EMERGENCY complaints please call 985.809.0183.
- For calls regarding Nuisance Wildlife, you must contact the Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries Wildlife Field Office (Hammond) : (985)-543-4777
Vision & Mission
We envision the day when all citizens, their property and their neighborhoods will be safe from the dangers and nuisances of irresponsible pet ownership. We envision the day when animals will not suffer because of human abuse, neglect or ignorance; and that every pet born will be assured of a good home and care all its natural life. In keeping with our vision, our mission is to balance the health, safety and welfare needs of people and animals in St. Tammany Parish by:
- Protecting the rights of people from dangers and nuisances caused by uncontrolled animals.
- Ensuring the legal protection of animals from mistreatment.
- Promoting, motivating and enforcing responsible pet ownership.
Animal Services FAQs:
Can I bring animals to you?
We accept animals from citizens of St. Tammany Parish.
Do you euthanize animals?
We accept all animals and make every effort to find new homes for each one. If an animal is not adoptable, the animal may have to be euthanized.
Animals required to be licensed:
Age requirement for license:
All animals three months and older.
Vaccinations required for licensing:
Rabies - veterinary proof is required.
If the animal is spayed/neutered, fee is $5.00. If the animal is NOT spayed/neutered, fee is $10.00.
Fee exempt registrations:
Police, Sheriff’s Department or other law enforcement, Seeing-Eye dogs and Licensed veterinary, vet or clinic animals in conduct of business.
All animals are required to wear tags.
Licenses are good for one year and should be renewed annually.
For questions or to receive a license by mail contact 985.809.0183