Title: Opioid Program Analyst Position No:
Department: Health & Human Services Reports To: HHS Director
Labor Grade: 10 Pay Plan: A (75hrs per pay period)
EEO/Census Code: __________ Type: __X__FT _____Part –Time _____Temp
FLSA: ____ Exempt __X___ Non Exempt Emergency Classification: Class I
Summary: The Opioid Program Analyst will facilitate the selection of appropriate software to share information, via computer, amongst multi-agency governmental partners within St. Tammany Parish. The Opioid Program Analyst will undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks and assist in planning and organizing the program and activities as well as carrying out important operations duties. This position is a grant funded full-time, three-year position and is dependent on available funding.
Essential Job Functions: Essential duties are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. They are intended to be accurate summaries of what the job classification involves and what is required to perform it. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Develop a comprehensive, cross-system planning and collaboration team of representatives from governmental, law enforcement, pretrial, courts, jail, substance treatment agencies, probation and parole, and non-profit organizations
- Support planning and coordination of the grant program and activities
- Complete a structured planning phase to identify policy options, approaches to develop or expand, and alternatives in multiple intercepts for justice-involved individuals with a history of opioid misuse
- Work on logistics, legal and IT issues to establish data sharing and data use agreements to support this project
- Develop solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
- Control solution by establishing specifications; coordinate production with software programmer
- Validate result by testing programs and training users
- Provide reference by writing documentation
- Work closely with the evaluator partner
- Track quarterly performance measures
- Attend grant travel as required
- Maintain budget and track expenditure
Competencies: Employee must have basic knowledge of software development process, software design, documentation, testing and maintenance. Employee must have excellent networking skills, ability to maintain client confidentiality, and enhanced ability to bring groups together to change policies and practices. Employee must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to maintain a sympathetic and understanding attitude towards clients. Ability to work both independently and with IT professionals associated with multiple parish agencies. Employee must work effectively as a member of the DHHS team.
Work Environment: The incumbent works in a typical office environment with little or no exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Primary functions are limited to an office environment. Occasional duties may require travel or working in non-office environment.
Physical Demands: Light work. Light work involves lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be very little, a job is in this category when it requires a good deal of walking or standing, or when it involves sitting most of the time with some pushing and pulling of arm or leg controls. To be considered capable of performing a full or wide range of light work, you must have the ability to do substantially all of these activities. If someone can do light work, we determine that he or she can also do sedentary work, unless there are additional limiting factors such as loss of fine dexterity or inability to sit for long periods of time.
Preferred Education/Qualifications: A high school diploma or equivalent GED and extensive experience in software development is required. Bachelor’s Degree and experience as a software analyst is preferred.
Location: Koop Drive Mandeville, LA
Salary: $43699.50 - $51,753.00 / Annual
Last Date for Consideration: Friday December 15, 2017
St. Tammany Parish Government is an EOE/M/F/Disability/Veteran