2021 LDOA INDIVIDUAL ARTIST GRANTS
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted starting Monday, March 29, 2021 and the deadline to apply will be Friday, April 16, 2021 by 12 midnight.
The purpose of this grant is to provide relief directly to individual Louisiana Artists impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic or other natural disasters that affected our state in 2020. Working artists are crucial to the mission of the Louisiana Division of the Arts (LDOA). We recognize that the disasters our state experienced in 2020 impacted the careers of these artists to a great extent due to the nature of their work.
The LDOA is partnering with 9 Regional Arts Councils throughout the state to administer these grants. Grant award amounts will be up to $1,500 each. Funds are limited and will be awarded to eligible applicants who meet all of the following criteria and fully complete their application up until funding capacity is reached in each region.
• The artist/applicant must be an individual artist, defined as one who is dedicated to producing artwork on a regular basis, for at least the past year, as a means of generating income and is able to provide at least 2 of the following:
o Link to professional website or social media account
o Uploaded resume/CV/brief bio
o Uploaded examples of work (at least 3 examples)
• The artist/applicant must be able to describe how they have lost income as a working artist due to COVID-19 or other natural disasters that affected our state in 2020.
• The artist/applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
• The artist/applicant must be a resident of the state of Louisiana.
• The artist/applicant must not be a current board member, honorary committee member, major funder, staff member, or immediate family member of such a person of the Regional Arts Council administering this grant.
• The artist/applicant cannot apply on behalf of any organization, collective, company, band, group, and/or ensemble.