For Immediate Release, Wednesday, October 24, 2007
The Road Home Program Deadline Nearing
St. Tammany Parish President Kevin Davis wishes to inform citizens of The Road Home deadline.
Homeowners who wish to apply to The Road Home program must call to schedule their initial appointments by December 1, 2007. Homeowners who do not schedule this appointment by December 1 and complete it by December 15 will be considered ineligible to receive assistance from the program.
Applicants must call 1-888-762-3252 to schedule their first appointments. Appointment times will be based on availability and are to be held at 11 Housing Assistance Centers across Louisiana and in Houston.
Applicants must bring certain items to the initial appointment:
· Government issued photo id
· Social Security Number
· FEMA Claim Number & Assistance Documentation
· Documents that prove the ownership of your home
· Insurance Policies, including proof of claims or payouts for hurricane damage
· SBA Loan Docs (if applicable)
· Home Appraisal (if available)
· Proof of Income for all adult household members
· Proof of Income for all adult household members from three months prior to appointment
· Utility bill or statement from time of storm
· If your home was sold, bring closing documents showing sales price