Homeland security & emergency preparedness
Dexter Accardo - Director
Winter Weather Updates - January 16, 2018
- St. Tammany Parish Warming Shelter Open
- Roadway Conditions Continue to Deteriorate — Residents Urged to Refrain from Driving
- St. Tammany Parish Warming Shelter Remains Open as Freezing Temperatures Continue
- St. Tammany Parish Planning Commission Postpones January 16, 2018 Meeting
- St. Tammany Parish Government Winter Weather Update and Closures
St. Tammany recognized as StormReady® Community
What we do
Develop, manage, coordinate and maintain a comprehensive and effective response to any natural or technological emergency that may occur and which poses a threat to lives and property in St Tammany Parish.
Responsible for advising the Parish President, Administration Officers, Parish Council and Municipalities regarding emergency preparedness activities and operations.
Our authority is defined by the LA Disaster Act of 1993, Chapter 6 The Louisiana Homeland Security and Emergency Assistance and Disaster Act, Act 1993, No.800, §1, eff. June 22, 1993; Acts 2003. No 40, §2, eff. May 223, 2003; Acts 2006, No, 615, §1, eff. June 23, 2006 Acts 2009, No. 24, §2, eff. June 12, 2009; Acts 2014, No.811, §15, eff. June 23, 2014.
- Develop and implement an All Hazards Emergency Operation Plan.
- Provide public awareness programs throughout the parish.
- Provide emergency information and warning to the public.
- Activate the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) during emergencies.
- Participate in drills and exercises involving local, state and federal emergencies.