Emerald Forest Extension Roadway in Covington Area now Open
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, announced today the opening of Emerald Forest Extension in Covington. The roadway will now extend from Highway 190 through to 11th street. The extension was designed as part of ongoing infrastructure and drainage improvements.
“This roadway ties in to overall efforts to make travel for our residents more efficient, to increase connectivity throughout the Parish, and to improve drainage at the same time,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “Residents in these surrounding neighborhoods now have an alternative route for travel that we hope will ultimately save them time.”
The project was completed in just over one year, at a cost of $1.7 million. The roadway was extended by 4700 feet from Garden Walk Drive through to 11th Street. In addition, subsurface drainage was installed. Plans are under consideration to extend the roadway even further to an existing street closer to Highway 59, and will be determined after the completion of a feasibility study.
- Clipper Drive Bridge in Slidell Undergoing Replacement
- Offices Closed in Observance of Thanksgiving
- St. Tammany Parish Ongoing Flood Mitigation Efforts Aided by Additional Grant Funding
- PRECAUTIONARY BOIL ADVISORY RESCINDED Myrtle Grove Subdivision 69445 - 69531 Hwy 1077, 101 Brewster Rd., 140 and 146 President Madison, and 201-214 Muskogee Trail in Madisonville Faubourg Coquille Water System (PWS 1103149)
- Kids Konnection Scheduled Maintenance will Require Partial Playground Closures