Clipper Drive Bridge in Slidell Undergoing Replacement
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President announced today that the bridge on Clipper Drive in Slidell, which connects Moonraker Road to Eden Isles Drive, is currently undergoing total replacement. Residents should be mindful of the new traffic patterns during the two phases of construction. During the first phase, happening now, two-way traffic will travel exclusively on the west side of the bridge. This phase should be complete mid-2018, barring any unforeseen delays. Traffic will then switch to the eastern portion of the bridge while the remainder of the existing bridge is removed and replaced. The project should wrap up by late October of 2018, barring any unforeseen delays.
“This bridge is the way in and the way out for residents of this southern portion of Eden Isles,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “This reconstruction is necessary to maintain this passageway for residents, and to maintain sound infrastructure. The new bridge will be built utilizing advancements in the construction industry which will result in long-term savings and minimal inconvenience to the residents. ”
The existing bridge has a deteriorating retaining wall that has had several previous repairs. The deterioration had become so severe that experts recommended replacement of the bridge instead of further repairs. The bridge will maintain the same essential design, but it will be lengthened by 41 feet. The budgeted amount for this project is $1.9 million.
- St. Tammany Parish Government Extends Some Closures Due to Hazards Posed by Freezing Conditions
- St. Tammany Parish Asking Citizens To Stay Off Roads
- St. Tammany Parish Warming Shelter Opens as Freezing Temperatures Reach the Northshore
- St. Tammany Parish Government Offices Closed Friday Due to the Threat of Severe Winter Weather
- Dropping Temperatures Trigger Cold Weather Preparations