Spring Season of the St. Tammany Fishing Pier Opens in Two Weeks
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, announced today that the St. Tammany Fishing Pier will reopen two weeks from today on Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 7 a.m., after a three-month seasonal closure. On opening day, admission to the Pier is free to everyone who comes out to fish or sightsee. Regular admission after opening day is as follows: all patrons 12 years of age and older fish for $3 and sightsee for $1. Children under 12 are free. Thursdays are Discount Days and senior citizens, active duty military and veterans fish for $1.
The St. Tammany Fishing Pier, located at 54001 Howze Beach Road near Slidell, is open Thursday through Sunday from 7 a.m. – 6p.m. Because the Pier operates on a seasonal basis, hours are subject to change. To learn more visit: www.sttammanyfishingpier.com or keep up with the Pier on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/sttammanyfishingpier.
The St. Tammany Fishing Pier is a testament to the resilience of the citizens of St. Tammany Parish. After Hurricane Katrina destroyed the original I-10 Twinspans, the Parish worked cooperatively with other agencies to repurpose the structure for public use. After securing funding through local, state and federal sources, the 650 foot pier was opened to the public in June of 2012, making history as the first public fishing pier in the region since the 1960s.
- Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President to Host 4th Annual Law Enforcement Appreciation Luncheon
- Roadway Improvements Necessitate Extended Closure For Johnny F. Smith Avenue in Slidell Area
- St. Tammany Retains Best Place to Escape in Louisiana According to National Travel Blog for the Second Year in a Row
- St. Tammany Parish Government Officials will Officially Allocate BUILD Grant Match at January Council Meeting
- Holiday Closures from St. Tammany Parish Government