Access St. Tammany Television Now Offered on Roku
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, announced today that Access St. Tammany Television is the only High Definition Government Access Station in the U.S. offered on the streaming service Roku. Only four other Government Access stations in the United Sates are currently available through Roku, and only one other beside Access St. Tammany, has the ability to offer live programming. This service was established at no charge to St. Tammany Parish Government.
“As technology changes, we work to find cost-effective ways to keep up with those changes,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “Now, we are proud to offer residents yet another avenue to keep up with what’s happening in Parish Government and stay civically active.”
You must have a Roku device and account as well as internet access to add Access St. Tammany to your streaming service. Visit my.roku.com/add/Tammany to add Access St. Tammany. You can view our step-by-step instructional video on how to do it here. Access St. Tammany is in the process of trying to add other streaming device options for viewers.
Access St. Tammany (AST) began broadcasting in High Definition (HD) in 2011, the first Government Access Channel the State of Louisiana to do so, and the second in the U.S. AST is available through multiple service providers. Charter communication subscribers can find us on Channel 197 SD, and Channel 710 1080i HD with the digital cable box. AT&T U-verse subscribers can find us on Interactive channel 99, menu item Access St. Tammany. Web users and smart tv owners can view our high definition web stream at www.stpgov.org. Roku users can now add Access St. Tammany as a channel option.
- St. Tammany Parish Government Monitoring Weather And Following Protocols For Freezing Temperatures
- St. Tammany Officials Asking Residents to Prepare for Cold Temperatures Over the Next Week
- Non-Emergency Offices of St. Tammany Parish Government Closed in Observance of Veterans Day
- District 11 Monthly Meeting - November
- Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, Announces Debris Pick-Up Schedule and Signed Emergency Declaration as Part of Olga Disaster Response