14th Time St. Tammany Parish Government Awarded for Excellence in Financial Reporting
The St. Tammany Parish Department of Finance has been awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting, by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada, for the 14th consecutive year. This is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting, and its attainment represents a significant accomplishment by the government and its management.
The comprehensive annual financial report, or CAFR, is evaluated every year by an impartial panel based on the high standards of the program, which includes demonstrating a constructive “spirit of full disclosure” to clearly communicate the Parish’s financial story and motivate potential users and user groups to read the CAFR.
Leslie Long, Chief Financial Officer, Annie Perkins, Assistant Director of Finance, and Laura Reine Lyons, Senior Accounting Manager, are the recipients named on the award.
“My staff takes pride every day in the work they do, and year after year, it continues to show,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish Government. “This is prestigious recognition, and we congratulate our Finance Department on earning this recognition for another consecutive year.”
- St. Tammany Parish Government Implements Storm in the Gulf Protocols in Advance of Tropical System
- 2017 Annual Report Released On-Line or In-Print
- Make a House Your Home Event Will Explore Homeownership Opportunities in St. Tammany
- St. Tammany Parish Government Offices Closed in Observance of Memorial Day
- 2018 Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day Scheduled