The 2019 Streamlining Budget Workgroup Presents Recommendations to Parish President Pat Brister
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President met with members of the 2019 Streamlining Budget Workgroup and members of the local media today to discuss the budgetary recommendations presented by the group in a final letter to Brister. The group was given extensive budget and operational information, and over the course of five meetings, was able to ask Parish Officials and Parish staff members in-depth questions.
“This group voluntarily took on this task at my request, and I could not be more grateful,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “I appreciate the weight of their questions, and their willingness to further understand the way St. Tammany Parish Government operates so that they could make thoughtful recommendations in consideration of many scenarios.”
“We will look at every suggestion they gave us with careful consideration, as we continue to create our 2019 budget,” Brister went on to say.
The group suggested, among other things, that Parish Government must free up monies in the General Fund to pay State-mandated costs of the St. Tammany Parish Jail and Justice Center and also stated, all outside agencies must be prepared to reduce operations to fit within general fund allocations or use other available revenue. The entire letter to the Parish President from the Workgroup can be found online stpgov.org, or by clicking here .
- Holiday Updates From St. Tammany Parish Government
- Tammany Trace Extension into Camp Salmen — Update
- Offices Closed in Observance of Veterans Day
- Collaboration Between St. Tammany Parish Government and City of Slidell Brings Nearly $1 million in Improvements to Airport Rd./ Northshore Boulevard
- Local Agencies Benefit from Sexual Harassment and Ethics Training Offered by St. Tammany Parish Government