Phase 2 of Three Rivers Road Widening in Covington Area Underway
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, announced today the start of the second phase of road improvements to Three Rivers Road in the Covington area. The work includes widening of the roadway and the installation of subsurface drainage. This phase is expected to be complete in early 2019 at an estimated cost of $953,000.
“Our top priority is improving roads and drainage, as well as having a dedicated and well planned program to maintain these critical investments,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “This road project will make travel easier and safer for our residents, and the subsurface drainage will cost us less maintenance in the future.”
The first phase was completed in January of 2017 at a cost of $1.8 million. At the completion of phase two, the road will be widened from Avenue St. Germain to the Wolverine Drive. Magee Excavation and Development is the contractor for this job. Residents are asked to be mindful of intermittent lane closures, and to expect delays because of these improvements.
- Holiday of Lights Events Cancelled For Saturday, December 8, 2018
- St. Tammany Awarded $25 million BUILD Grant to Widen I-12
- St. Tammany Parish Government Accepting Statements of Qualifications for Professional Services for 2019
- ICYMI: Animal Services Millage Renewal on the December 8, 2018 Ballot
- St. Tammany Parish Department of Animal Services Closed Saturday, December 8, 2018