Keep St. Tammany Beautiful to Host Fall Household Hazard Waste Collection Day in Slidell
(And other important KSTB News)
Other Important KSTB News
Keep St. Tammany Beautiful celebrated the three-year anniversary of its official launch on Friday, October 5, just one day after Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, accepted certification of the St. Tammany Chapter’s national affiliation with Keep America Beautiful.
“Since we’ve launched Keep St. Tammany Beautiful, we have actively worked on producing measurable, visible results, and our efforts have gone exceedingly well,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “Keep St. Tammany Beautiful has collected 232 tons of Household Hazardous Waste and served 3,460 households at five separate Collection Days. We’re also proud of the fact that we’ve removed more than 265 tons of litter from the streets of St. Tammany. These efforts go hand-in-hand with our mission to preserve and appreciate our pristine resources.”
Keep St. Tammany Beautiful received its certification as an affiliation of Keep America Beautiful after completing a thorough list of required steps. As an official affiliate, Keep St. Tammany Beautiful has earned national credibility, will have support of the national organization, will have access to their training and educational materials as well as their operational tools, and will now be eligible to apply for grant funding through Keep America Beautiful.
- St. Tammany Parish Government Offices Closed in Observance of Columbus Day
- FY20 Decentralized Arts Funding Grants Announced for St. Tammany and St. Bernard Parishes
- Long-time St. Tammany Planning/Zoning Commissioner Loy Raymond "Pug" Lorren Dies
- Parish President Pat Brister Issues Parish-Wide Burn Ban
- Eco-Smart Upgrades to St. Tammany Parish Government Facilities Earn Nearly $150,000 in Incentives over Five years