NAMI St. Tammany Day Center Now Offering Transportation
The NAMI St. Tammany Day Center, the first of many additions to the Safe Haven Campus, now has transportation available to and from the center— at no cost — to St. Tammany residents.
“This is an option we are happy to have now, because it means people who need to be here, now have a way to come here,” said Tom Rowan, Program Director. “It is as simple as a phone call to our dispatcher the day before you’d like to come. They will schedule your ride, pick you up, and bring your home afterward. It is a win for people in need and a win for us, because we get to share these valuable support services.”
The busses run from early morning through 3:30 p.m. in the afternoon, Monday through Friday. The dispatcher takes calls until 4 p.m. Monday – Friday (except on holidays). Residents should call 985-626-6518 to schedule rides and allow 24-hour notice for scheduling.
The NAMI St. Tammany Day Center program is staffed by Certified Peer Support Specialists who will assist adults living with severe and persistent behavioral health disorders in St. Tammany Parish, in navigating access to appropriate support resources and providing alternatives for less costly behavioral health care in a less restrictive environment, leading to recovery. There is no cost to attend the program. The transportation services are partially funded by a grant.
To learn more about Safe Haven and the NAMI St. Tammany Day Center, click here.
- St. Tammany Parish Government Monitoring Weather And Following Protocols For Freezing Temperatures
- St. Tammany Officials Asking Residents to Prepare for Cold Temperatures Over the Next Week
- Non-Emergency Offices of St. Tammany Parish Government Closed in Observance of Veterans Day
- District 11 Monthly Meeting - November
- Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, Announces Debris Pick-Up Schedule and Signed Emergency Declaration as Part of Olga Disaster Response