Collaboration Between St. Tammany Parish Government and City of Slidell Brings Nearly $1 million in Improvements to Airport Rd./ Northshore Boulevard
Pat Brister St. Tammany Parish President, and Greg Cromer, City of Slidell, Mayor, announced a $935,030.00 collaborative roadway improvement project on Airport Road in the Slidell Area will begin the evening of Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
“Our goal is to make the most of all of our resources to make improvements happen, no matter where the boundary lines end,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “We are looking forward to continued collaboration with the City of Slidell to keep St. Tammany’s infrastructure sound, so that residents can enjoy safe, efficient travel.”
“The City of Slidell is very fortunate to be working with St. Tammany Parish for the mill and overlay project on Airport Blvd.,” said Slidell Mayor Greg Cromer. “We have a great relationship with President Brister and St. Tammany Parish Government and we look forward to working with them on future projects to benefit all of our citizens.”
The project will extend from where Airport Road meets the Slidell Municipal Airport, to the intersection of Northshore Boulevard and U.S. 190 (Gause Boulevard), and will include the mill and overlay of the roadway, roadway striping, and sidewalk improvements. The project is expected to be complete in early 2019.
Photo Left to Right: Steve Stefancik, St. Tammany Parish Council, District 11; Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President; Greg Cromer, Mayor, City of Slidell; Val Vanney, Jr., Slidell City Council, Distirct D
- Brister, Scalise Celebrate Federal Funding Approved For USACE Feasibility Study Of Possible Corps Flood Control Projects In St. Tammany
- Gov. Edwards and DOTD Announce I-12 Widening Project in St. Tammany Parish
- Parish President Brister Secures $52Million More for I-12 Widening
- $2.1 Million Multi–Road and Drainage Improvement Project Begins in Slidell Area
- Non-Emergency Offices of St. Tammany Parish Government Closed in Observance of Labor Day