FEMA Individual Assistance Teams visit Tallow Creek Residents at the Request of Parish President
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, requested through the Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOSHEP) that FEMA Individual Assistance teams do an assessment of the homes and needs of the families in Tallow Creek, affected by the November 1, 2018 tornado that touched down in the Covington area subdivision.
“These teams assess the situation in the aftermath of a disaster, and determine if the people who were affected have any unmet needs, not covered by insurance,” Brister said. “This event, though it impacted a condensed area, was traumatic for those involved, and so we want to utilize every possible resource at our disposal to help these families make things right.”
Following her on-site visit to Tallow Creek the morning of the storm, Brister instructed EOC personnel to coordinate with faith-based groups to assist homeowners with temporary tarps for roof damage, and to request assistance from the Red Cross. The FEMA Individuals and Households Program (IHP) provides financial help or direct services to those who have necessary expenses and serious needs if they are unable to meet these needs through other means. Parish Government will await the analysis from GOSHEP and FEMA following the completion of the assessments.
Sign up now for ALERT St. Tammany, here. This is the Parish-wide emergency notification system for St. Tammany Parish Government. If we can’t reach you, we can’t alert you.
- St. Tammany Parish Government in Preparedness Posture in Advance of Predicted Crest of the Pearl River
- St. Tammany Parish Government Offices Closed for Mardi Gras
- Mike Cooper, St. Tammany Parish President, and Randy Smith, St. Tammany Parish Sheriff Join WWII Veteran Ernie Andrus on a Portion of his Cross Country Hike
- Governor John Bel Edwards Allows Flags to Fly at Half-Staff in Honor of Former St. Tammany Parish President Pat Brister
- Statement From Mike Cooper, St. Tammany Parish President