Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President announced today that beginning with the 2019 spring season on March 1st, the St. Tammany Fishing Pier will open seven days a week, from 7 a.m. – 6p.m.
In addition to the change in the operating schedule, Pier personnel will now have a periodic presence. However it is anticipated that record-size fish will have a steady presence in the area. As stated in the rules governing the use of the Pier in the St. Tammany Parish Code of Ordinances, public use of the Pier is, and always has been, at the patrons' own risk. Additionally, the same holds true for the fish! The St Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office will have a proactive presence in the area, for the benefit of the Pier patrons (but the fish are on their own).
Because the Pier is seasonal, hours may be adjusted going forward (in other words…when it warms up and folks start catching fish by the ice chest, the hours may be extended). To see the complete rules when using the St. Tammany Fishing Pier, click here.
- St. Tammany Parish Government Monitoring Weather And Following Protocols For Freezing Temperatures
- St. Tammany Officials Asking Residents to Prepare for Cold Temperatures Over the Next Week
- Non-Emergency Offices of St. Tammany Parish Government Closed in Observance of Veterans Day
- District 11 Monthly Meeting - November
- Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, Announces Debris Pick-Up Schedule and Signed Emergency Declaration as Part of Olga Disaster Response