St. Tammany Parish Government Receives Second Fiscal Accolade of 2019 from Independent Entity
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, announced today that the St. Tammany Parish Department of Finance has been awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting, by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada, for the 15th consecutive year. This recognition comes just weeks after business analysts from Standard and Poor’s (S&P), raised the rating of the bond that Parish Government holds and manages for roads and infrastructure. Sales Tax District #3 earned a bond rating upgrade for the second time within five years.
The Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting, and its attainment represents a significant accomplishment by the government and its management. The comprehensive annual financial report, or CAFR, is evaluated every year by an impartial panel based on the high standards of the program, which includes demonstrating a constructive “spirit of full disclosure” to clearly communicate the Parish’s financial story and motivate potential users and user groups to read the CAFR.
Leslie Long, Chief Financial Officer, Annie Perkins, Assistant Director of Finance, and Laura Reine Lyons, Senior Accounting Manager, are the recipients named on the award.
“This is what we have come to expect from our Department of Finance, as they continue to raise the bar higher each year on how to find efficiencies, how to maintain transparency, and on ease of use by our citizens and elected officials,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “This is critically important to internal departments, but also to our residents — the taxpayers — to see how and where their tax dollars are spent.”
- St. Tammany Parish Government in Preparedness Posture in Advance of Predicted Crest of the Pearl River
- St. Tammany Parish Government Offices Closed for Mardi Gras
- Mike Cooper, St. Tammany Parish President, and Randy Smith, St. Tammany Parish Sheriff Join WWII Veteran Ernie Andrus on a Portion of his Cross Country Hike
- Governor John Bel Edwards Allows Flags to Fly at Half-Staff in Honor of Former St. Tammany Parish President Pat Brister
- Statement From Mike Cooper, St. Tammany Parish President