Improvements Begin on the Tammany Trace Bridge over Bayou Lacombe
Work is underway to prepare the Tammany Trace Bridge over Bayou Lacombe for upcoming scheduled maintenance and improvements. The drawbridge will remain in the down position, and closed to marine traffic, from Monday, August 12- Friday August 23, 2019, for critical bridge repairs. There will be no alternative marine routes through this area. Trace patrons should expect intermittent delays throughout these improvements.
We ask that you please plan to make alternative travel plans due to the closure restrictions that this work will necessitate. If there are any changes to this schedule, St. Tammany Parish Government will notify the public. Repairs will include: the removal, repair, and reinstallation of the existing winch; replacement of the cables; and the repair of six of the existing bent caps on the approach spans.
- St. Tammany Parish Government Offices Closed in Observance of Columbus Day
- FY20 Decentralized Arts Funding Grants Announced for St. Tammany and St. Bernard Parishes
- Long-time St. Tammany Planning/Zoning Commissioner Loy Raymond "Pug" Lorren Dies
- Parish President Pat Brister Issues Parish-Wide Burn Ban
- Eco-Smart Upgrades to St. Tammany Parish Government Facilities Earn Nearly $150,000 in Incentives over Five years