Improvements Begin on the Tammany Trace Bridge over Bayou Lacombe
Work is underway to prepare the Tammany Trace Bridge over Bayou Lacombe for upcoming scheduled maintenance and improvements. The drawbridge will remain in the down position, and closed to marine traffic, from Monday, August 12- Friday August 23, 2019, for critical bridge repairs. There will be no alternative marine routes through this area. Trace patrons should expect intermittent delays throughout these improvements.
We ask that you please plan to make alternative travel plans due to the closure restrictions that this work will necessitate. If there are any changes to this schedule, St. Tammany Parish Government will notify the public. Repairs will include: the removal, repair, and reinstallation of the existing winch; replacement of the cables; and the repair of six of the existing bent caps on the approach spans.
- St. Tammany Parish Government in Preparedness Posture in Advance of Predicted Crest of the Pearl River
- St. Tammany Parish Government Offices Closed for Mardi Gras
- Mike Cooper, St. Tammany Parish President, and Randy Smith, St. Tammany Parish Sheriff Join WWII Veteran Ernie Andrus on a Portion of his Cross Country Hike
- Governor John Bel Edwards Allows Flags to Fly at Half-Staff in Honor of Former St. Tammany Parish President Pat Brister
- Statement From Mike Cooper, St. Tammany Parish President