Parish President Pat Brister Secures $52 Million More for I-12 Widening
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, announced that a $52 million State LADOTD allocation of Federal Redistribution Funds will be used for an additional phase to widen I-12, from US Highway 190 to LA Highway 59. This funding is in addition to the $25 million in Federal BUILD Grant funds Parish President Pat Brister secured in December of 2018 for the widening of I-12 from LA Highway 21 to US Highway 190.
“After months of relentless pursuit and countless conversations with State officials to underscore the necessity and importance of the next phase of this project, we are pleased to announce that we got what we asked for — it is funded,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “We have been working diligently, with the State, to secure this critical road funding for a long time, and couldn’t be happier that our persistence has paid off. Infrastructure improvements and expansion has always been at the top of my list, and we will not stop, or let anything slow us down in accomplishing our plans for roads and infrastructure for St. Tammany.”
Plans for the I-12 expansion announced today, include the addition of a third lane in each direction, as well as the widening of bridges over US Highway 190, Ponchitolawa Creek, and Little Creek/Tammany Trace. In December of 2018, Parish President Pat Brister announced the award of a $25 million BUILD Grant to fund the widening of I-12 from LA Highway 21 to US Highway 190. Design plans for this project are underway. The Governor will be in St. Tammany Parish Thursday to announce further details of this funding, and to see firsthand the location of the slated improvements.
- St. Tammany Parish Government Monitoring Weather And Following Protocols For Freezing Temperatures
- St. Tammany Officials Asking Residents to Prepare for Cold Temperatures Over the Next Week
- Non-Emergency Offices of St. Tammany Parish Government Closed in Observance of Veterans Day
- District 11 Monthly Meeting - November
- Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, Announces Debris Pick-Up Schedule and Signed Emergency Declaration as Part of Olga Disaster Response