St. Tammany Parish Government Monitoring Weather And Following Protocols For Freezing Temperatures
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, along with the Parish’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness continue to be in regular contact with the National Weather Service and other agencies to monitor the potential for freezing temperatures over the next several days. Additionally, Parish Government has also been in contact with representatives from CLECO and WST power companies to ask that they take every mitigative measure to lessen the impact that freezing temperatures and strong winds could have on their customers, as well as be prepared for the potential for power outages.
Because of the strong possibility of temperatures below freezing for several hours overnight tomorrow, Parish President Brister has decided to open a warming shelter for those that might need assistance.
Residents can shelter, beginning at Noon, Tuesday, at the Giving Hope Retreat Center of the New Orleans Mission located at 31294 Highway 190 in Lacombe. Citizens should bring bedding, comfort items, prescription medication, and any personal hygiene items. Citizens are reminded that alcohol and firearms are not allowed. The Northshore Hotline of the Giving Hope Retreat Center is 985-218-9485.
To stay abreast of the weather forecast, please keep up with the National Weather Service here: www.weather.gov, and monitor local news outlets. Please follow St. Tammany Parish Government on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for additional updates as needed.
- St. Tammany Parish Government in Preparedness Posture in Advance of Predicted Crest of the Pearl River
- St. Tammany Parish Government Offices Closed for Mardi Gras
- Mike Cooper, St. Tammany Parish President, and Randy Smith, St. Tammany Parish Sheriff Join WWII Veteran Ernie Andrus on a Portion of his Cross Country Hike
- Governor John Bel Edwards Allows Flags to Fly at Half-Staff in Honor of Former St. Tammany Parish President Pat Brister
- Statement From Mike Cooper, St. Tammany Parish President