Adopt ‘til you Drop! Pairs 32 –plus Pets with Forever Homes
Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President, announced today the first ever Adopt ‘til you Drop! pet adopt-a-thon was a successful event, finding homes for at least 32 pets from the St. Tammany Parish Animal Shelter on the actual day of the event, and for an additional 11 pets during the week that followed.
The event, held December 7, 2019, showcased just over 40 animals on a live stream broadcast. In lieu of fees, adoptions were finalized with a donation to the Northshore Food Bank. Visitors to the shelter who adopted pets had their photos taken, and had an opportunity to take a photo with Santa. Three collection boxes of food were donated to the Northshore Food Bank.
“We want to thank every volunteer as well as our Animals Shelter employees for making this day possible,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “We also want to thank every person who came out and adopted a pet. As the only shelter in St. Tammany to take in every animal brought to us, we are grateful to those who help us place these animals into permanent homes.”
The St. Tammany Parish Animal Shelter is located at 31078 Highway 36 in Lacombe. Adoption hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Adoption fees are waived through the end of 2019. All adoptable pets are spayed or neutered, micro-chipped, and up-to-date on their vaccines. To see adoptable pets, visit www.stpgov.org/pets.
To see a gallery of pet adoptions from Adopt 'til you Drop! click here.
- St. Tammany Parish Government in Preparedness Posture in Advance of Predicted Crest of the Pearl River
- St. Tammany Parish Government Offices Closed for Mardi Gras
- Mike Cooper, St. Tammany Parish President, and Randy Smith, St. Tammany Parish Sheriff Join WWII Veteran Ernie Andrus on a Portion of his Cross Country Hike
- Governor John Bel Edwards Allows Flags to Fly at Half-Staff in Honor of Former St. Tammany Parish President Pat Brister
- Statement From Mike Cooper, St. Tammany Parish President