St. Tammany Parish President Mike Cooper signed a proclamation today for National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week, April 12-18, 2020. This week recognizes emergency dispatchers for their work as the first responders who make the first point of contact with people in an emergency situation and route the appropriate help while managing the emergency call.
“Right now, our dispatchers and call takers are on the front lines during this pandemic. They make sure our first responders arrive in the right gear for optimum protection. They calm fears and are the lifeline to help. While we recognize this week every year, this year we especially want them to know just how vital of a link they are in our emergency response team. We are extremely grateful for the lifesaving work they do,” Cooper said.
The St. Tammany Communications District #1 houses dispatchers representing law enforcement, fire protection and emergency responders from throughout St. Tammany.
For resources and information about the COVID-19 pandemic visit www.stpgov.org/COVDI19. Watch STPG-TV at Charter Channel 710 and AT&T U-verse interactive channel 99. In addition, all updates are housed on our YouTube Channel here.
- St. Tammany Parish Government 2019 Annual Report Online
- Louisiana Department of Health Opens COVID-19 Mobile Testing Sites in St. Tammany Parish
- St. Tammany Parish Government Enters Phase One Reopening
- Residents asked to Report Structure Flooding After Continuous Heavy Rainfall Inundates St. Tammany
- St. Tammany’s Final Live Safe. Work Safe. Shop Safe. Action Plan and Companion Website Announced