St. Tammany Parish Government Enters Phase One Reopening
St. Tammany Parish President Mike Cooper signed an Executive Order, to reopen St. Tammany Parish and St. Tammany Parish Government as Phase One openings begins across the State of Louisiana.
“Our goal is to open up St. Tammany Parish Government gradually, while protecting our employees, and continuing to serve the public,” said Cooper. “We are happy to open the Tammany Trace, the St. Tammany Fishing Pier, and Camp Salmen Nature Park, giving our citizens the opportunity to utilize them in the safest ways possible. We ask that every citizen continue to take personal responsibility to protect themselves and others.”
As a portion of St. Tammany Parish Government employees return to Parish Government campuses to work in offices, each will go through a screening process in order to enter the buildings. A portion of employees will remain working remotely. Measures will be in place to adhere to social distancing guidelines, and employees will be required to wear masks. Parish Government buildings will remain closed to the public.
The Tammany Trace, Camp Salmen Nature Park, and the St. Tammany Fishing Pier reopen beginning Friday, May 15, 2020.
- The Tammany Trace will open from 7 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. every day.
- The Bayou Lacombe Bridge closes at 7 p.m.
- The St. Tammany Fishing Pier will open from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Patrons are advised the Pier will be manned sporadically.
- Camp Salmen Nature Park will open from 9a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The Playground is closed to the public. Patrons are advised Camp Salmen Nature Park will be manned sporadically.
- The Kids Konnection Playground will remain closed
- Restrooms will be cleaned throughout the day. Patrons should plan to exercise best practices for prevention when using these facilities, including: social distancing, wearing a mask, and frequent hand washing.
Read the entire Executive Order here.
St. Tammany Parish Extended Stay At Home Order issued April 30, 2020
St. Tammany Parish Extended Stay At Home Order issued April 7, 2020
St. Tammany Parish Executive Stay At Home Order issued March 23, 2020
Emergency Declaration issued March 17, 2020
Emergency Declaration issued March 13, 2020
- St. Tammany Parish Government 2019 Annual Report Online
- Louisiana Department of Health Opens COVID-19 Mobile Testing Sites in St. Tammany Parish
- Residents asked to Report Structure Flooding After Continuous Heavy Rainfall Inundates St. Tammany
- St. Tammany’s Final Live Safe. Work Safe. Shop Safe. Action Plan and Companion Website Announced
- Live Safe. Work Safe. Shop Safe. Draft Action Plan Submitted by Advisory Council to Parish President Cooper for Final Review – Statement from St. Tammany Parish President Mike Cooper and Chris Masingill, St. Tammany Corporation CEO