St. Tammany Parish President Mike Cooper urged residents to prepare for Tropical Storm Sally today and early tomorrow, before the storm makes landfall as what is predicted to be a category one hurricane. Today he signed an Emergency Declaration ahead of the storm.
“I am asking every resident to prepare for a slow-moving storm and potential storm surge and heavy rain that could increase the inland movement of water,” Cooper said. “We are asking people who live in low-lying areas to assess their ability to ride out the storm, and if you feel it’s necessary, move to higher ground.”
Additional updates are as follows:
- The St. Tammany Emergency Operations Center will partially activate Monday, September 14, 2020 at 7 a.m.
- All non-essential Parish Government offices will close at noon on Monday, September 14, 2020 and remain closed, Tuesday, September 15, 2020. Essential employees are to report as assigned.
- St. Tammany Parish Government has opened six self-service sandbag locations as follows: Sunday, September 13, 2020, and Monday, September 14, 2020. All locations will have sand and bags provided. Residents are asked to bring their own shovels in case all shovels provided are in use. In addition, residents are asked to limit the number of sandbags to 15 per vehicle. There will be someone on-hand to assist the elderly and/or disabled at each location. The locations will be open from 12 p.m. until 6 p.m. Sunday, and 7:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. Monday, September 14, 2020.
St. Tammany Parish Government- Building
- 21410 Koop Dr., Mandeville
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Airport Road Barn
- 34583 Grantham College Rd, Slidell, La
- The Old Levee District Site
- 61134 Military Road (Hwy 190) Slidell, La.
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Fritchie Barn
- 63119 Highway 1090 in Pearl River
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Keller Barn
- 63131 Fish Hatchery Road, Lacombe
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Covington Barn
- 1305 N. Florida Street, Covington
The following facilities will close at noon Monday, September 14, 2020 and remain closed Tuesday, September 15, 2020:
- The Tammany Trace
- The St. Tammany Fishing Pier located at 54001 E Howze Beach Rd, Slidell, LA 70461
- Kids Konnection Playground located at 21410 Koop Dr, Mandeville
- Northshore Beach located at 267 Debbie Dr, Slidell, LA 70458
- Bayou Lacombe Bridge. No Marine traffic.
- STAR TRANSIT will run Monday, September 14, 2020, and will not run Tuesday, September 15, 2020.
- Public Works and Tammany Utilities personnel remain on call, if needed, out of an abundance of caution.
- - The 22nd Judicial Courts will follow the schedule of St. Tammany Parish Government unless weather warrants otherwise.
- -Citizens can call 985-809-2300 for storm updates, or visit www.stpgov.org/storm for information.
- -Continuous updates will be posted at www.stpgov.org, on STPG-TV; Channel 710 Spectrum; Channel 99 AT &T U-Verse, as well as on Social Media.
Residents are asked to clear any debris from culverts and drainage pathways, and to monitor the weather forecasts in the coming days through your local media outlets. Prepare your enhanced plan to accommodate COVID-19 precautions.