St. Tammany Parish Government Emergency Operations Update, Wednesday, October 7, 2020: Hurricane Delta
St. Tammany Parish President, Mike Cooper has declared a State of Emergency for St. Tammany Parish in response to Hurricane Delta and potential impacts. In a news conference earlier today, Cooper outlined the Parish’s emergency response plan.
- All Emergency Operations liaisons are currently on stand-by. The St. Tammany Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness is prepared to physically activate the Emergency Operations Center.
- Public Works personnel are pre-positioning high water signs in low-lying areas in the event tidal, wind and/or rain conditions make it necessary to close or post roads, in addition, crews are clearing debris from drainage ditches and lowering the levels of retention and detention ponds. Tammany Utilities is ensuring all equipment is operational and back-up systems are in place.
- The St. Tammany Parish Department of Public Works will open six self-serve sandbag locations Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 7:30 a.m. All locations (with the exception of the Old Levee District Site) will have personnel on-hand to assist the elderly or infirmed. All will remain open until 6 p.m.
- All Parish Government Offices are open Thursday, October 8, 2020. Decisions regarding Friday will be announced tomorrow.
- Northshore Beach is currently closed. Announcements about other recreational facilities will be made tomorrow.
St. Tammany Parish Government- Building - 21410 Koop Dr., Mandeville
St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Airport Road Barn - 34783 Grantham College Rd, Slidell, La
The Old Levee District Site (those who need assistance, visit Fritchie Barn) - 61134 Military Road (Hwy 190) Slidell, La.
St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Fritchie Barn - 63119 Highway 1090 in Pearl River
St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Keller Barn - 63131 Fish Hatchery Road, Lacombe
St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Covington Barn - 1305 N. Florida Street, Covington
Emergency preparedness information will be available to citizens, contingent on the forecast, through our television station: STPG-TV —Channel 710 on Charter, Channel 99, AT&T U-VERSE, or livestream at www.stpgov.org/, through our storm page: www.stpgov.org/storm, through social media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, and through the local media. Citizens can also subscribe to automatic email updates from the Parish by visiting www.stpgov.org.
Citizens are reminded to enhance emergency preparedness plans to include masks, hand sanitizers and other items needed to continue to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. For more storm preparation tips visit www.ready.gov.
Sign up now for ALERT St. Tammany, here. This is the Parish-wide emergency notification system for St. Tammany Parish Government. If we can’t reach you, we can’t alert you.