St. Tammany Parish Government announced the following Emergency Operations updates at a news briefing earlier today.
- Parish President Mike Cooper signed an Emergency Declaration in advance of Tropical Storm Zeta
- Parish Officials continue to monitor Tropical and the potential impacts on St. Tammany Parish
- The St. Tammany Parish Emergency Operations Center will partially activate at 7 a.m. Wednesday, October 28, 2020
- Six Self-Serve Sandbag locations will be open from 7: 30 a.m. until 12 p.m. tomorrow. There will be someone to assist the elderly and the disabled at each location, with the exception of the Old Levee District site.
- Sandbag Locations
- St. Tammany Parish Government- Building
- 21410 Koop Dr., Mandeville
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Airport Road Barn
- 34783 Grantham College Rd, Slidell, La
- The Old Levee District Site (those who need assistance, visit Fritchie Barn)
- 61134 Military Road (Hwy 190) Slidell, La.
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Fritchie Barn
63119 Highway 1090 in Pearl River
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Keller Barn
- 63131 Fish Hatchery Road, Lacombe
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Covington Barn
1305 N. Florida Street, Covington
- Non-essential Parish Government Offices will close Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at noon. Essential personnel are expected to report as assigned. Animal Services will be closed to the public.
- The October 28th Agenda Review and Special Council Meeting has been cancelled due to the approaching storm.
- The following will close Wednesday, October 28, 2020:
- Camp Salmen Nature park, located at 35122 Parish Pkwy, Slidell, LA 70460
- The Tammany Trace
- The St. Tammany Fishing Pier located at 54001 E Howze Beach Rd, Slidell, LA 70461
- Kids Konnection Playground located at 21410 Koop Dr, Mandeville
- Northshore Beach located at 267 Debbie Dr, Slidell, LA 70458
- Bayou Lacombe Bridge. No Marine traffic.
- Public works has contacted Debris and Monitoring contractors and they are on standby/monitoring potential impacts.
- Public Works and Tammany Utilities personnel are on call, if needed, out of an abundance of caution.
- STAR TRANSIT will run until 3 p.m. Wednesday, October 28, 2020, and then once the storm has passed and road conditions are reassessed they will let us know when services will resume.
- 22nd JDC, Clerk of Court, St. Tammany Assessor and District Attorney will be closed tomorrow.
-Citizens can call 985-809-2300 for storm updates, or visit www.stpgov.org/storm for information.
-Continuous updates will be posted at www.stpgov.org, on STPG-TV; Channel 710 Spectrum; Channel 99 AT &T U-Verse, as well as on Social Media.
Residents are asked to clear any debris from culverts and drainage pathways, and to monitor the weather forecasts in the coming days through your local media outlets. Prepare your enhanced plan to accommodate COVID-19 precautions.
Sign up now for ALERT St. Tammany, here. This is the Parish-wide emergency notification system for St. Tammany Parish Government. If we can’t reach you, we can’t alert you.