President Mike Cooper has announced the recipients of the 16th Annual President’s Arts Awards, presented by the St. Tammany Commission on Cultural Affairs.
“Our artists are a vital piece of our beloved culture in St. Tammany Parish,” said President Cooper. “We are excited to honor those who greatly contribute to the arts. I want to personally thank the Commission for their hard work and commitment to the arts community. I look forward to celebrating the accomplishments of our esteemed honorees.”
The honorees are:
- Performing Artist – Samuel Warren
- Visual Artist – Carol Hallock
- Literary Artist – Ted Jackson
- Musical Artist – Erik Morales
- Culinary Artist – Gary Darling
- Patron of the Arts – Tim and Jan Lantrip
- Outstanding Service Award – Dr. Arlette Delcham & Jean-Marie Desrosiers
- President’s Award – St. Tammany Hospital Foundation’s – Healing Arts Initiative
- Native Daughter Award – Shirley Thompson
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Dr. Ben Redwine
The event will be held at Northshore Technical Community College in Lacombe on Thursday, October 20, 2022.
“The Commission is excited to host the 16th annual event. It will be a celebration of not only the award recipients but also the abundance of artistic talent and love for the arts that exists in our parish, which encourages the arts to thrive in our community,” said Commission of Cultural Arts Chair, Laura Prisco.
For more information, please visit www.stpgov.org/cca. In 2021, the Commission announced the Creative Relief Northshore Fund, an emergency response initiative that provides funding for programs to address the needs of the arts community following an emergency or disaster. Those attending the President’s Arts Awards this year are encouraged to donate to the non-profit fund.
St. Tammany President’s Arts Awards is supported in part by a grant from the Louisiana Division of the Arts, Office of Cultural Development, Department of Culture, Recreation & Tourism, in cooperation with the Louisiana State Arts Council, and the National Endowment for the Arts.