LIMITED PRECAUTIONARY BOIL ADVISORY
Briarwood Terrace Water System (PWS 1103079)
1910, 1927, 1920, 1924, 1928, 1936 Labarre St; 1901, 1907, 1911, 1906, 1921, 1931, 1935 Henry Clay St; 1555, 1551, 1607 Hwy 59; 1524 Marigny Ave
Today, December 6, 2022, the Department of Utilities turned off water service to the above addresses to repair a water main. Out of an abundance of caution and in accordance with Louisiana Department of Health regulations, the customers listed above are under a precautionary Boil Advisory.
This BOIL ADVISORY is to remain in effect until rescinded by the Department of Utilities. It is recommended that all consumers disinfect their water before consuming it (including fountain drinks), making ice, brushing teeth, or using it for food preparation or rinsing of foods by the following means:
Boil water for one (1) full minute in a clean container. The one minute starts after the water has been brought to a rolling boil. (The flat taste can be eliminated by shaking the water in a clean bottle, pouring it from one clean container to another, or by adding a small pinch of salt to each quart of water that is boiled.)
Again, please be sure to disinfect your own water prior to consumption until you have been advised otherwise.
The Department of Utilities will rescind this BOIL ADVISORY upon notification from the Louisiana Department of Health that additional water samples collected from our system have shown the water to be safe.
Customers affected by this advisory will be advised when it is rescinded by hand-delivered notices.
If you have any questions, please call the Department of Utilities at (985) 276-6400.
You can also visit www.stpgov.org for updates and to sign up for text alerts.
- Date of Notice: Tuesday, 06 December 2022
- Water System: Briarwood Terrace Water System (PWS 1103079)
- Type of Notice: Limited Precautionary Boil Advisory
- Listed Addresses (Limited Precautionary Advisories Only): 1910, 1927, 1920, 1924, 1928, 1936 Labarre St; 1901, 1907, 1911, 1906, 1921, 1931, 1935 Henry Clay St; 1555, 1551, 1607 Hwy 59; 1524 Marigny Ave
- Boil Advisory Status: Rescinded
- Date Notice Rescinded: Thursday, 08 December 2022