Water Service Interruption
Alton Water System (PWS LA1103145)
Water service for all Alton Water System customers will be temporarily shut off on Friday, August 4th, 2023 at approximately 8:00am. Water service is expected to be off for at least 15 hours or until we are able to place the well back in service. The service interruption is not anticipated to exceed 24 hours; however, unforeseen circumstances may result in a longer duration. Once service is restored, customers will continue to be under the Precautionary Boil Water Advisory until water samples are collected and cleared by the Louisiana Department of Health Laboratory. Discolored water may be experienced once the water service is restored. We will be flushing the lines to clear any possible discoloration.
Water is being turned off to the Alton Water System (PWS LA1103145) to conduct repairs on the water well. The Alton Water System is a single source system. There is no back up source of water at this time which makes us unable to provide water during this time. A secondary source of water is currently under design to reduce service interruptions such as this in the future.
The Department of Utilities recommends that residents:
· Fill containers with drinking water prior to the water outage (estimate 1-2 gallons
per person or pets)
· Fill containers, bathtubs, and/or washers with water to use for sanitation purposes and to manually fill toilets. Toilets can flush as long as they are manually filled during this time.
The Department of Utilities will also be providing bottled water for drinking during the water outage. A water station will be set up at Little Zion Baptist Church located at 62129 N. 13th St., to provide drinking water to Alton Water system customers only.
- Date of Notice: Thursday, 03 August 2023
- Water System: Alton
- Type of Notice: Interruption of Service
- Boil Advisory Status: Active